In our blog earlier today, we announced the publication of Libraries Deliver: Ambition for Public Libraries in England in 2016-21. We also talked about events the Taskforce will be running on Ambition and the accompanying Action plan in January 2017. This blog post provides more details on those sector forums.
The events will start with a series of presentations about Ambition, followed by workshops on topics covered in the action plan. These will be an opportunity for you to learn more about the actions and enable you to give your views. Workshop topics will include:
- mutuals and other alternative delivery models
- alternative funding streams
- communications (covering barriers to involvement and how to overcome, and shared and reusable assets)
- workforce development
Who can attend?
The sector forums are open to everyone with an interest in libraries, but are particularly aimed at the library workforce and local council members and officials. They are free to attend.
When and where are they?
Events can be booked via eventbrite. We’re holding them across England:
- 16 January - Newcastle City Library
- 19 January - Whitechapel Idea Store, London
- 23 January - M Shed, Bristol
- 24 January - Victoria House, Birmingham
The events will run from 10.30 to 16.30, with refreshments available from 10.00. Lunch will be provided.
How do I book?
To book your ticket, please visit our page on eventbrite. Bookings are on a first come, first served basis.
If you’ve got any questions, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.